10 Tips to Decrease EMF Exposure: Regain Your Energy and Health
Have you ever worried about the effect of cell phones or wi-fi on your family?
Electromagnetic pollution (EMF) has been proven by over 8,000 published studies to cause mutation of cells and cancer.
The U.S. government has done little to protect or even warn us, and has recently even approved the rollout of the 5G network. Its implementation will massively increase our constant exposure to radioactive, chaotic frequencies that affect our focus, and put us at risk for disease.
Dr. Joe Mercola recently stated that in 20 years, we will look back at the epidemic of unmitigated EMF in our environment as more deadly than we now consider secondhand smoking to be.
Remember that in 1970, the U.S. government hadn't done much to acknowledge or protect us from this risk, either. It wasn't until we all unwittingly "smoked" a lot of toxicity being in public places with smokers, and more and more studies were released showing the negative health effects, that government slowly started to react.
Will you allow yourself and your family to be human guinea pigs, or will you be an "early adopter" in voluntarily limiting your EMF exposure now? I'd like to share some easy ways to do that.
Many "energetically sensitive" people are reporting difficulties in completing tasks, headaches, loss of energy, and many other symptoms, due to high exposure to wi-fi, cell phone towers, and emitting electronics.
But most people have never heard of EMF, and fewer still have taken measures to decrease it in their home and office. It's easy to ignore, since you can't "see" it!
We have more devices in our energy field than ever before, and safety studies can't keep up with the increase in radiation. While the exposure from any one device may not be significant, the cumulative effect is a significant problem.
We're being exposed when we travel, at alarming rates, and many of us are carrying emitting devices at all times.
Fortunately, there are ways to dramatically decrease your exposure, and this post will help you do that with 10 important but easy tips. (At the end, I've also given you 3 bonus tips to decrease your exposure when you travel by air.)
Dirty electricity can cause cancer and diabetes, and the World Health Organization, the FCC, and the FDA have issued warnings and classified EMF as a carcinogen.
In this post, I share a short video by my friend Robyn Openshaw about what EMF is, and why spending a bit of effort addressing it in your home and office might make a big difference in your health and energy.
Video: Protect Your Brain from EMF
Employing these tips will literally “recharge your battery!” And if you have children in your home, it’s absolutely critical to address EMF, because they have very sensitive, developing brains.
So, Robyn has prepared an EMF Action Plan for you. She shares how to measure the EMF in your home, and then stop it from impacting your family’s health, mood, and focus.
Here are some tips for decreasing EMF exposure:
1. My most important solution is to get 5 packs of xZubi (currently 40% off!) and put one on the back of every cell phone and device in the home. I make sure any iPad or phone my child uses has a xZubi on it.
2. Unplug things you aren’t using, as outlets leak energies and when a charger or something else is plugged in, it's worse.
3. Some types of lightbulbs (CFL’s, the swirly lightbulbs that contain mercury) put out lots of EMF. These lightbulbs that were originally sold to us as being more environmentally friendly actually emit 70 percent of the mercury into the environment within first 3 days after installing.
Replace them with incandescent bulbs (inexpensive at Home Depot or Amazon) instead. LED bulbs are the second best (and about $20 for an 8-pack) option.
4. If you can’t have your cell phone off, put it 8 feet away from you. Don’t charge it near you, especially when you're sleeping.
5. Blue light from your TV or devices impact the pineal gland that produces melatonin, which helps you get good sleep at the right time. Your body thinks it’s still daytime if you are exposing yourself to blue light. So shut off your TV after dark, or use Gunnar or similar blue-light-blocking glasses to watch TV or use your devices in the evening.
You can also go to Settings on your phone and use Night Shade, which filters blue light. Or, try f.lux (it’s a free download) for your computers and mobile devices. It adjusts the color of your computer’s display to the time of day.
6. Ground yourself often! Hug a tree, or walk barefoot on the Earth (sand, dirt, or grass). This allows you to discharge EMF and pick up electrons that neutralize free radicals. This helps restore your natural optimal vibrational frequency.
7. Limit the metal on your body, because it acts a conductor of EMF. Underwire in bras and metal jewelry make you a conductive antennae! You can wear a Q-Link or other crystal jewelry, to help, and wear bras without metal in them.
8. Get a $10 timer for your Wi-Fi modem, so it turns off at night. Wi-Fi is constantly casting a signal, and is very strong. Better yet is to ground your computers and not use wi-fi at all. I signed up for T-Mobile with unlimited data, for me and my children, so that our need to use wi-fi on our phones is minimal.
Data is better than Wi-Fi on your phone because it pings every 5 minutes, whereas Wi-Fi searching for signal is constant. If you have to carry your cell phone on your body or near you, put your phone in airplane mode as much as possible.
9. Find out if you have a SMART Meter installed by the power company, and if so, get a guard to slip right over the meter itself, and help block the radiation emitted by the unit. Better yet, ask the power company if they have another option, such as an analog meter. (They will likely charge you extra.)
If you cannot avoid the SMART meter installed on your home, you may also wish to shield the interior wall behind the SMART meter with shielding paint, fabric, or another material, especially if you or a child sleeps / lives behind that wall.
Use a meter to measure radiation levels before and after installing SMART meter guards and other shielding materials. This will help ensure that you’ve installed the materials correctly, that they are working, and that there are no unintended consequences.
10. Wear leather soled shoes when possible. We like “Earth Runners.” Earth Runners are grounded minimalist sandals inspired by the Tarahumara Indians of Northwestern Mexico. These types of shoe soles “ground” you because it helps EMF to pass through body into ground. Rubber blocks electrical grounding.
Still think EMF isn't real? Here's an interesting fact. Bees will leave a hive if you bring Wi-Fi near it! In fact, some scientists theorize that the en masse die-off of honeybees in the modern world is due to high exposure to EMF from cell phone towers, etc.
EMF’s are much more harmful to children than adults! So be sure to test with your meter in children’s rooms and where they spend time, put a xZubi on their devices, turn Wi-Fi off (only airplane mode), put filters on any emitting outlets in their rooms, and replace CMF bulbs with incandescent.
Never text in a parked car, which makes you an antennae. Using Wi-Fi in your car makes you an antennae in a microwave! It's even worse to metal jewelry, texting in a parked car or using Wi-Fi in a parked car. If you're sitting in your car texting, consider getting out, and finishing your work on your phone with your bare feet in the grass instead!
If you are already dealing with a heath issue–heavy metal toxic overload, or viral infection, or recovering from cancer, for instance–EMF overexposure can intensify and amplify other illnesses because the immune system is weakened.
Thank you to Dr. Libby Darnell and Robyn Openshaw who helped me with this research. Make sure to get their EMF Action Plan, at no cost, and put as many of their strategies in your environment as possible, to maximize your energy and minimize your disease risk.
Bonus Traveling Tips
Tip 1: You are exposed to more radiation while you fly in the daytime, less when you fly at night. Every cell needs iodine. Iodine protects from EMF’s really well, and antioxidants in general are great for that.
So take Ultimate Minerals when you travel, a double dose morning and night. It is concentrated fulvic and humic acids from the Earth, a full spectrum of all 90 minerals and trace minerals (including iodine) from ancient plant deposits. Synthetic minerals, or supplements made from rocks and chalk, do not have the same bioavailability for the human body.
Tip 2: Opt out of the scanners at the airport. TSA won't allow babies to go through the scanner, even though they claim it's safe for everyone else. Remember, it's the cumulative effect of radiation that is the problem--not the single dose. It takes just a few minutes to get a pat down. I do it every time I travel!
Tip 3: When you’re flying, take your shoes off in your seat and wear just socks. Then you will discharge some EMF, and when you get to your destination, walk, sit, or lie on the grass or bare earth for a few minutes, to discharge!
As always, I wish you and your family an abundance of health and happiness.
Love + Light,
The Bio Initiative Report, with 1,800 published studies, can be found at bioinitiative.org (download a 1,557 page report) of Naval Academy research directed by Dr. Zory R. Glaser, PhD (former advisor to US FDA)
More recently, Dr. Magda Havas has collected nearly 8,000 published studies on the negative effects of EMF on humans and animals.
the work of Robyn Openshaw (GreenSmoothieGirl.com) and Libby Darnell (RevivedLiving.com)
Heavy Cell Phone Use Can Quadruple Your Risk of Brain Cancer. (2015).
Samuel Milham (2010). Dirty electricity: electrification and the diseases of civilization
Sam Wieder (2015), Unplug: How to Survive and Thrive in a Wi-Fi World Gone Wild
Dr. Jonathan Halpern (2014) Electromagnetic Radiation Survival Guide: Step by Step Solutions—Protect Yourself & Family Now